St. Louis Audubon will be sponsoring a birding trip on Wednesday, April 1,
to Voelkerding Slough, a new area for a SLAS trip.  The slough is  located
between the Katy trail and Hwy 47 in Dutzow, MO.  We will  meet at the Hampton
Lake parking lot at Busch CA and carpool/caravan from  there.  Don Hays and Jim
Jackson have offered to meet us at the slough and  show us around the area.

PLAN:  This is a 1/2 trip and we should return to Busch between  12 and 1 pm.
 Weather permitting, we can picnic at the Busch  headquarters picnic area for
those who would like to bring their lunch.   There will be some hiking along
the Katy trail, and we might have to hike into  some muddy areas at the slough
to view the shorebirds.

DIRECTIONS TO BUSCH:  Take HWY 94 south from HWY 40 about 1/2 mile to  Hwy D.
 Turn right on Hwy D and go about 1 1/2 miles to the entrance to  Busch CA.
Turn left at the T to Hampton Lake, on your right, and meet in  the parking
lot.

TIME:  We will meet at Busch at 9 am and should be at the Dutzow/Katy  trail
entrance around 9:30 am.

All birders are welcome.  We will meet rain or shine.

Pat Lueders, Leader  St. Louis Audubon