I've signed up, taken the training video, and have begun transcribing
cards.  Cards were filled out from the 1880s to the 1970s.  I've now
transcribed 40-50.

There have been a couple of surprises.

How special to hit this one:  Summer Tanager/ Columbia, MO/ 1937/
Observer: Rudolf Bennitt

Many of you know that Rudolf Bennitt was a professor at the
University of Missouri and that it was through his efforts that the
Audubon Society of Missouri (ASM) was revived and set on the solid
footing we have today.

Shortly after that card one came up bearing the name of C.H. Merriam
(1907), one of the legendary figures of North American natural history.

This is really fun.  Think about signing up and see what you can find
as you contribute to making this collection a useful asset to the
natural history database.  To me, it is sorta like retro CACHE/SPARKS!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO