All,

Along the lines of newbies and advice--I am a third year birder originally from Chicago, and relatively recently relocated to Kirkwood; a St. Louisian novice, if you will.
For the past two years I have attempted, unsuccessfully, to see/hear an American Woodcock. It is a much sought lifer.
I am writing to request suggestions on a spot close to Kirkwood (i.e. an easy pre-dawn/dusk commute, or thereabouts) that would improve my chances.
I have tried Queeny Park, Busch CA, Castlewood, Creve Coeur Lake, and Greensfielder repeatedly, and obviously to no avail.
Any specific locations/area/time suggestions?

Salutations,

Michael-John Voss
Kirkwood, MO