So far, one vote for cowbird.. probably right..my Sibley's showed the female cowbird as much lighter.    Jane Allen

--- On Fri, 3/27/09, J C Allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: J C Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: mystery blackbird, St. Louis County
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 6:05 PM

  I've been watching the yard birds today.. I have seen a blackbird that I am unsure about. I think it matches description and picture of a female brewer's blackbird. I have never seen (consciously) a male brewer's in my yard.
   I  have posted pics of this bird on my   jcallen.smugmug.com   gallery under "mystery blackbird".   Any help is appreciated.

 Jane Allen
  St. Louis County
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/