I had a Brown Creeper and my FOY Yellow-rumped Warbler, a female, at the bubbler yesterday, just as the rains moved in.  The Eastern Phoebe was flycatching earlier in the day right near the driveway.

This morning, the Blue Jays are carrying twigs to their nest in the scotch pine, Robins are pulling at the straw-like Amsonia leaves (native Blue Star) and the Carolina Wrens are carrying Bald Cypress leaves to their nest in the shed, which I discovered yesterday.  Chickadees are working in the teapot birdhouse.  Still have Dark-eyed Juncos here, and they are vocalizing and chasing each other like crazy.

The Barred Owls have been active and we've been hearing them on different nights.  The toad was calling at the pond last night and it looks like he's burrowed under the sitting rock, just like last year.

Bloodroot, wild plum, celandine poppies are blooming and the bluebells are budding.  Spring is welcome here!

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO

ps  Sam - FOY means 'first of year'.