Julie Randle and I stopped by the park after lunch. We had many of the same birds minus the thrushes, thrasher, sapsucker and towhees.

Add a third winter wren, a brown creeper, three golden-crowned kinglets, two red-bellied woodpeckers, an adult great horned owl and two owlets, and two young lovebirds on the bench in the Gaddy Garden. Two pairs of wood ducks are now on the pond at the ruins with the park ducks. No purple martin scouts yet at the martin house.

Shawn Clubb
Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill.

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:55:02 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: TGP This Morning 9:30-11
To: [log in to unmask]

I spent an hour and a half this morning at the Gaddy bird garden. A Winter Wren scratched the leaves next to the path at the bubbler the entire time I was there.  A male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker was as a nice find for me as it's a bird I don't see often.

Birds seen:
Winter Wren - 2
Hermit Thrush - 2
Brown Thrasher - 1
Song Sparrow - 2
Fox Sparrow - 1
White-throated Sparrow -2
Dark-eyed Junco - 6
Robins - 19
Yellow-shafted Flicker - 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - 1
Eastern Towhee - 2
Eastern Phoebe - 2

Did not see any other birders the entire time I was there.

Bill Hoss
Webster Groves
St. Louis County

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailŪ. See how.