Dear Friends,
    After several attempts and with the help of Steve K's directions, I finally found a Snowy Owl and managed a few pictures.  The overcast skies didn't lend itself to the sharpness I would have wanted, but I'm happy with the results.  Here are a few Snowy Owl photos from today, taken by digiscope:

The formal pose:
 http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170912

A couple complete shots:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170910
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170915

With character:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170914

The Profile:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170913

Vertical:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170916

A silly shot on a cold day:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170917

I also finally downloaded a couple close-up Short-Eared Owl shots from a few weeks ago at Bradford Farms:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170907
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/110170906

To see more recent photos, or if you have trouble with the links above, go to www.pbase.com/mobish and click on New Photos, or go to the Owls section.

Take care, and good birding,