I went to Breckenridge and the roads north of Chillicothe and did not see either Snowy Owl.

In addition to checking out the Breckenridge sign and propane tank at c. 3:00 p.m. and again at c. 5:00 p.m., I drove Wolf Creek Drive. In between trips to Breckenridge, I drove 226 as far east as 251, the drove 251 south to its intersection with 228 and generally covered roads in between.

I suspect that both owls are still here, just hiding from me.

Bob Fisher
Independence, MO