Mike Niles and I took 7 students this morning to Squaw Creek NWR.  The rain held off and we had a nice morning.  We had to leave the refuge by 12:40 p.m. to return home and about 200-250,000 snow geese had returned from the morning feeding.  They were still coming in when we left so I am not sure how many are still using the refuge. They started returning around 10:30-11:00 and I know they reported 1.6 million last Monday and when I called yesterday they thought around one million.

Other species:

Bald eagles -10
Canada Geese
White-fronted Geese