Susan - Glad other people in the area are seeing them.  I heard the killdeer again in the same spot,  when I was near the library.  A pair has nested on the flat graveled roof of the library at 35th & Noland for many years.  There is a vacant field, probably an acre or two, right behind the library.   I watched the parents last year in the summer running around the field.  Great place for them.

Also saw my FOY grackles out in my backyard today.

Linda Byrd
Independence, MO

-