Greetings from York, PA.

While burning some time before my flight out of St. Louis this morning, I visited Busch CA. Near the visitor center, I heard a chickadee that was reminiscent of my days in Michigan. I saw the bird although briefly, but everything seemed to fit Black-capped Chickadee. The call, "hey fee-bay" or "Hey Sweetie" . . . not the Carolina's call of, "Hey sweetie hey" was what I heard.

I remember last year when visiting during one of the ASM outings someone saying that the St. Louis area has chickadees that can vocalize either species' call.

I feel fairly confident that this was a BCCH.

I also struck out on the Blue Grosbeak Trail for the Northern Shrike, but by that time, I needed to be getting to the airport. If someone happens to see it again before Wednesday please post.

Thanks and good birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.

Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list.
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/