My husband, David Nichols, found the four swans around 6 p.m. this evening.
He observed them from the 13th fairway (we are members of the club and he
knows the course well). He walked parallel to the lake until he found them,
and then stood behind a tree to be as unobtrusive as possible. One of the
birds saw him, but seemed unconcerned. After spending some time, David
walked back up the hill and again walked parallel to the lake so as not to
disturb them. The birds saw him walking away and then started to follow him
(swimming up the lake) and seemed quite curious. The Canada Geese (across
the lake) were giving their alarm honks. This was the best look he has had
of Trumpeter Swans and he even found a lost golf ball, too!   :-)

Good birding,

Debbie Nichols
Hannibal, MO
Marion County