The three (3) Red Crossbills continue to visit our backyard feeders here in Saint Joseph on a daily basis (they have missed a day or two, or we missed seeing them if they did come).

They usually come in the mornings sit in our yards trees near the feeders for a little bit, descend to barrel feeder and eat Black Oil Sunflower Seeds for several minutes. Then back to the nearby trees for awhile, and then are gone. They usually repeat this routine several times a day. Noon or 1 PM is about the last time we see them until the next day.

Today Leo and Ruth Galloway came over about 9 AM and got some good looks!

Good Birding!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com