From: David Becher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Mixed bag:
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, February 12, 2009, 6:28 PM

#yiv1584127102 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv1584127102 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

The Gull is a very interesting bird, but I am troubled by the bill.  The dark black mark is not normal for Yellow-legged Gull and also the bill seems to broaden at the tip a bit too much compared to the pictures in Gulls of the Americas.  I think that the possibility of a Herring Gull X Lesser Black-backed Gull hybrid also needs to be considered.  I would be interested in what some experts in European Gulls think of this bird.
David Becher
Saint Louis