Search for Rusty Blackbirds - Route 66 State Park I searched for Rusty Blackbirds in Route 66 State Park  (St. Louis County) today for 1.25 hr walking 2 miles adjacent to lots of bottom land hardwoods with varying amounts of water underneath.   I started at the place where I have seen Rusties in the past.   None were seen today.

Good luck with trying to enter the data from the various website references.   The pdf format would not let me enter anything.   The Excel version site said that it was no longer operative.   I declined to enroll in eBird in order to enter the data as this would only swamp my e-mail with more unwanted messages.  I finally found a reference to someone at Smithonian and sent him an e-mail with my observations.

Birds seen:

Eastern Bluebirds – 3
Northern Cardinal – 2
Tufted Titmice – 12
Song Sparrow – 10
Hermit Thrush – 1
Brown Creeper – 1
White-throated Sparrow – 4
Red-shouldered Hawk – 4 flying at the same time.   2 grasped talons in mid-air

John Solodar
University City
St. Louis County, MO

http://www.mobirds.org