I lived in the apartments at the base of the hill where the TV roost is for 3 1/2 years.  Hinkson Creek meanders around the complex and opposite the creek is a bluff.  I moved there in Jan 04, at which time there were a few I noticed and thought strange since they weren't supposed to winter that far north.  Over the next 3 winters I lived there the roost grew.  They roost in the trees atop the cliff.  In fact, I got my FOY TV right there again in Jan.  I have never spotted a BV in the mix.  I now live in Liberty (north of K.C.) and have never found a wintering TV in this area.

Jennifer Reidy
Liberty, Clay County> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:32:21 -0600> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Columbia TV's> To: [log in to unmask]> > Mr. March and Columbia birders -> > Are there any Black Vultures in among the TV's there at > Stadium Blvd. and Rock Quarry Rd.?> Are they roosting in trees or cliffs or both?> Is there a large body of water right beside them?> > Good birding, Larry H. Joplin, Jasper County, MO. > > ------------------------------------------------------------> The Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Discussion Forum> Questions or comments? Email the list owners:> mailto:[log in to unmask]
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_howitworks_022009
http://www.mobirds.org