I'm getting itchy feet!  I want to plan another international adventure, with a focus on birding!

I prefer to travel solo, so I'm looking for places that wouldn't be too risky for a female by herself.  I had planned a roadtrip to El Cielo, but for financial reasons and cautioning from a few people I decided not to go.  Any fellow bold birder women have favorite spots to recommend?  I'm particularly interested in Central America, South America and Southeast Asia (have already been to Costa Rica & Korea though).

[That Musician Wren sound clip from today made me jealous!  How's Ecuador for safety?]

Feel free to respond off list.  Thanks!

Heather Clenin
Jackson County