Recent studies show that the amount of noise we have learned to accept--and attempt to tune out by cranking up our own interior noise--is increasing all the time.
This becomes evident when we try to record bird songs out in the field.
All the sudden, you realize the planes, trains, cars and trucks, etc., caught on the recording.
By auto-tuning so much noise out of our awareness, we lose the ability to hear the subtle songs of nature that surround us--just one symptom of Nature-Deficit Disorder.

By the way, the bird from Ecuador sounded to me like the inspiration for R2-D2.

Bob Bailey
St. Louis, MO