We are Nick & Nikki, new to the MOBIRD list.  We live in Kirkwood, in the St. Louis area.  We want to send out a big THANK YOU to all the detailed information we are learning as new readers.  We went up to Blue Grosbeak Trail this afternoon, thanks to the detailed information, directions, and maps being shared looking for that Northern Shrike.  We saw mourning doves, a couple of different sparrows (not sure which ones), six different red-tail hawks on the way up, and a mockingbird which we thought at first was the Northern Shrike.  We did not get to see the Shrike, but almost as good, we found evidence that he is still there.  On a long, intense thorn almost at the top of a small Hawthorne Tree along the "hedgerow" we found small down feathers and some blood.  It felt magical as though he was watching us from a safe place deep in the bushes as we studied our evidence of a recent meal.  We'll be back!

Nick and Nikki Davenport
Kirkwood, MO