The White-winged Crossbill on Jones St. in St. Joseph, Buchanan County, showed up at 8:11 a.m. after a short wait.  Thanks, Brent.

Squaw Creek NWR, Holt County, was a busy place today with most waterfowl arriving in the last couple of days according to the staff.  High numbers and diversity - blows the numbers for some out of the water from Monday.

Waterfowl species list (I ain't counting them):

Greater White-fronted Goose
Snow Goose - about 400,000 estimated by staff
Ross's Goose
Cackling Goose - numerous
Canada Goose
Trumpeter Swan - about 20 or so in several locations
Tundra Swan - possibly 1 immature - looked smaller and more pink at the base of the bill, but hard for me to tell
Gadwall
American Wigeon
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal
Northern Shoveler
Northern Pintail
Green-winged Teal
Canvasback
Ring-necked Duck
Bufflehead
Common Goldeneye
Hooded Merganser
Common Merganser
American Coot

Many Killdeer (on mudflats that are ready and waiting)
Bald Eagle on a nest
Many busy muskrats
Two turtles sunning on a log on a beautiful day

Linda Williams
Liberty, Clay County, MO

http://www.mobirds.org