Recently spent 15 days hiking,camping and birding in various parts  of
Ecuador(mainly the central Andes and the "Choco" lowlands along the
Ecuadorian/Colombian border)
  Between myself and 3 friends from Alaska who I went down there  with we had
over 700 species

 Anyone  interested in birding info and  details would be more than happy to
mail info about what birds I  saw and where I saw them
  Have a good site for some extremely rare birds like  Tanager-finch(known
from only about 3 ridges in Ecuador)  Plushcap as well  as a good spot for Moss-
backed tanager and Club-winged manakin near  Milpe.

 Would also like to also give a brief mention about birding in
Colombia.Yes,some regions of Colombia are still definitely off limits  but alot is VERY
birdable! Ecuador has alot of birds,Colombia has  more.There is some incredible
birding to be had very close to some of the bigger  cities.
 The Humedales marshes and Laguna de Pedrapalo very close to Bogata,  have
lots of endemic species that are fairly easy to get  just a short and  very safe
drive from the City
 Alot of birders(and travelers in general) harbor alot of fears and
misconceptions about Colombia. Many if not most,  unwarranted.Its a birders  dream.A
place where without a doubt, there  are still new  species of birds waiting to
be discovered and named

 Another quick note if anyone is plaining a birding trip to Central or  South
America.If you can speak a little spanish its amazing how many more birds
you will find.For the most part locals are extremely stoked to help out and even
 more helpful when the "norte" can converse in spanish.Even broken espanol
can go  a long way.Dont know how many times we would strike up a conversation
with a  farmer or landowner and point to a bird in our field guides and be given
info  about where to find them.Its amazing how much detailed info many
farmers  have of the wildlife that resides in their home areas

Mike Brady
Ballwin,MO

now. (http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000002)

http://www.mobirds.org