I just got off the phone with Brad Jacobs- evidentally there was a Gyrfalcon reported in the vicinity of Chula, MO (north of Chillcothe), that had been there for the last few weeks, but hasn't been seen for the last few days. I believe Brad said there is a photograph that looked to him like a Gyrfalcon, but I may be mistaken. Don't know what color phase, etc.

More details are coming I'm sure.

To get there, follow 65 north of Chillicothe to Rt. K, take that east a few miles to Chula. The bird was down the first gravel road that heads north, E of Chula. It could be anywhere in the area- all Red-tailed Hawks should be examined with care.

Good luck,
Andy