I drove over to Brent Galliart's home this morning, arriving at 7:30. Brent was leaving for work and his parting words were, "The crossbill was here at 7:27."

OK, I waited around for an hour and a half. At 8:42 AM the WHITE-WINGED CROSSBILL came in for a drink. It took a few sips of water and then perched in a nearby tree. I viewed it for about 1 1/2 minutes (drinking/perching).

I have been watching/waiting at home for a couple of hours and "our" Red Crossbills have not been in our yard or at our feeders. They have been here the last couple of days though.

They may have come in HERE, while I was THERE!

Steve and I are heading for Minnesota on Friday, so I will not be Saint Joseph for a few days. Brenda should be home most of the time though.

Good birding!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
gcrownkinglet AT yahoo DOT com