From: Larry Lade <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Saint Joseph Red Crossbills
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 5:35 PM

This morning Linda Williams and her entourage of four other ladies came up to see the RED CROSSBILLS which have been coming to our yard in Saint Joseph. The birds showed well for them at 8:40 AM and fed at the feeders for about five minutes.

* This is the tenth consecutive day that the three crossbills have been here.

However, there is a little "down side"! Not everyone who has come to see them has had success. A couple of gentlemen from Saint Louis, one from Kirksville and a couple of Saint Joseph did not get to see the birds. These fellows were here on a couple of different days. For whatever reason, the birds simply did not appear when these folks were here, even though considerable time was spent waiting for them to come in.

Larry Lade