It is almost no surprise anymore when a Shrike turns out to be a Northern instead of a Loggerhead this Winter!  I saw one this afternoon near intersection of hwy 190 and Granite Rd. in Daviess Co. This is the location where a Snowy Owl was reported earlier. Did not see the Snowy there or the one near Bethany again today. I checked these areas as I went through on the way up to X-C ski at Helton CA in Harrison Co. Had to settle for a Short-eared Owl sitting on a utilty pole in a snowstorm at 3:30! There were lots of Horned larks coming to the roads, and saw several Lapland Lonspurs, but didn't see any hoped for Snow Buntings.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillcothe, Livingston Co.