I just spent a week in SO Western MO, near highway 14 and 95 south of Gentryville.  Black Vultures were soaring in the air everyday.  On Jan 9, I watched several kettles and counted 50 in one before I gave up.  They were all Black Vultures and I did not see a Turkey Vulture while I was there.

Also a very large flocks of Cedar Waxwings, N. Junco, Robins, and Goldfinch. Numerous Blue Birds including many first year.  Also many Purple Finch.

Good Birding,

Margaret Johnson
St Louis