A Ruby-crowed Kinglet has been visiting a suet feeder here in our St. Joseph yard. Have only had 1 Pine Siskin here for one day. I keep watching for more. Really enjoy the RC Kinglet, never still a minute..Think he's related to the hummers.

Frances Cramer
St. Joseph, MO.

--- On Thu, 1/8/09, Linda Byrd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Linda Byrd <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Pine Siskin club and possible Pine Warbler, Independence
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 12:48 PM

Steve, I am so glad you reported this!  I also live Independence, and yesterday I had the same thing happen at my feeders.  The suet feeder is about 3 feet from my nyger feeder.  When I saw I yellow bird grab a bite from the suet feeder, my instant thought was "I need to check the nyger feeder, as the ports must be clogged."  When he came around the second time, I had enough of a view to realize he was too small to be a goldfinch.  Pine Sisken first popped into my mind as I know they have made it to Indep. The bird did an amazing hover act for about 2 seconds in front of the suet feeder.  It never dawned on me it could be a Pine Warbler.  I will now be watching both feeders closely today, with N.G. in hand. Thanks for reporting this!

Linda Byrd
Independence, MO