I just spent a week in SO Western MO, near highway 14 and 95 south of
Gentryville.  Black Vultures were soaring in the air everyday.  On Jan  9, I watched
several kettles and counted 50 in one before I gave up.  They  were all Black
Vultures and I did not see a Turkey Vulture while I was  there.

Also a very large flocks of Cedar Waxwings, N. Junco, Robins, and  Goldfinch.
Numerous Blue Birds including many first year.  Also many Purple  Finch.

Good Birding,

Margaret Johnson
St Louis

In a message dated 1/10/2009 10:27:26 A.M. Central Standard Time,