Mary, in Joplin and Mobirders -
Mary, if you think you had a mockingbird at your feeder in
Joplin then you probably did.  They are a fairly common
resident here.  We had a total of 15 on our Christmas Bird Count
on Dec. 20.
Welcome to Joplin, Mary!  If you would like to meet a couple of
other birders locally then tomorrow night, Thursday at 7 PM
my birding friends, Rod and Ellen Sallee, are giving a presentation
on their trip to Antarctica.  Sounds like we'll have the weather for
it, so grab your parka and come on out!  It is 0.5 miles south of
the junction of I-44 & Main St., to Riviera Dr., then west.  It is
at the WGC&AC nature center = (Wildcat Park).
Good birding,  Lawrence & Carleen Herbert  417 624 3065.
Joplin, Jasper County, MO.