        I have just finished a tabulation of declining species numbers for birds in Laclede county. I have compared the bird count years 1996-2001 with 2002-2008. Crows have declined from an average of 338 to 65, Blue jays from 169 to 81, and house Finches from 133 to 55. Other species show declines but nothing like these 3 species. Hours and miles for the years were similiar. I would be interested in what oher counts may have found.     Lester Pannell  Laclede county