I went out to Lost Valley to look for the Spotted Towhee that Bill Rowe reported yesterday.  It took a bit of patience, but I finally found it right where he reported it.  I had great looks at a gorgeous male.  There were hordes of sparrows feeding in the corn field.  White-throats and Juncos were the most common, but there were multiple Swamp Sparrows, Cardinals, and American Tree Sparrows and one Fox Sparrow.  Also in the area was a singing(!) Purple Finch and numerous other birds including Yellow-rumped Warblers, Golden-crowned Kinglets and the usual Chickadees, Titmice, etc.

David Becher