Today while doing the Weldon Spring CBC, I found a female Spotted
Towhee out in the "Katy Trail bottoms," in a small patch of trees and
brush in the middle of the wide-open fields (off to the right of the
main gravel road as you are headed toward the river).

Later Randy Korotev and I also had a male along the Lost Valley
Trail.  Less than a mile in, you take the left fork at the junction
so that you are continuing to follow the creek; you have a large
cornfield on your right for a while, and at the far end of it are
some brambles where the woods begin again.  The Spotted Towhee was in
there with sparrows and cardinals.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis

http://www.mobirds.org