Dear Nancy,

CR wrote:
"The initial capitals of Wind, Home, and Child are remarkable"

As you wrote, there is nothing remarkable about that since nouns are
capitalized in German,
but, contrary to English usage, no capital for the adjective "irisch" :

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irisch

However, in TSE's Tristan und Isolde quote the first words of each
line are, which is quite unusual, distracting to the flow of words..

Below the excerpt from the original Wagner libretto.

Gunnar

Gunnar Jauch
dipl. Architekt ETH/SIA/SWB
Grubenstrasse 11