the wider context

Here's an earlier depiction of the sorry state of impasse
brought about by "dry" salvages:

And the trees about me,
Let them be dry and leafless; let the rocks
Groan with continual surges; and behind me
Make all a desolation.

PAINT me a cavernous waste shore
Cast in the unstilled Cyclades,
Paint me the bold anfractuous rocks
Faced by the snarled and yelping seas.

Display me Aeolus above
Reviewing the insurgent gales
Which tangle Ariadne˘s hair
And swell with haste the perjured sails.

The lament in the epigraph as well as in the opening lines
of Sweeney Erect could as well come from the wrecked in
The Dry Salvages.

The List will kindly excuse me for overstating my point.

CR