Am 21.01.2009 um 15:30 schrieb Chokh Raj:

Obamas reveal humor, grace

President Barack Obama, right, and first lady Michelle Obama dance together at the Neighborhood Inaugural Ballin Washington, Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola

(AP Photo/Elise Amendola)

"The Etta James classic 'At Last' was the Obamas' song of the evening,

crooned by Beyonce at the Neighborhood Ball,

the first of 10 inaugural celebrations they attended

into the early hours of Wednesday."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_go_pr_wh/inauguration_balls

-----

America cheers

Spectators cheer in Times Square as they watch President Barack Obama give his

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_re_us/inauguration_a_nation_gathers

dreams shining in joyous tears

cr

Thanks, dear CR,

for your dignified celebration of the historic event!
People here were following it with keenest interest.

The only black brother of our Masonic Lodge took a plane for DC and I was on the brink of joining him.
He told me he hardly noticed how cold it was.

The following excerpt of your second link struck me:

"I finally feel like I belong," said Carolyn Jackson, a 49-year-old federal employee who grew up in segregated Haynesville, La., a town of 4,000, in the 1960s. She recalled being 7 and wondering why she couldn't drink from certain water fountains in her school.

Hard to imagine of how demeaning that must have been for Carolyn...!

In China:

黑人  奥巴马 是第四十四美国的总统!
hei   ren        ao   ba  ma       shi   di     si    shi    si     meiguo de zongtong!

black man       obama        is   number   44          america (genitive) president

From Switzerland:

Godspeed, Mister President!

gunnar