Am 21.01.2009 um 15:30 schrieb Chokh Raj:

> Obamas reveal humor, grace
>

> (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
>

> "The Etta James classic 'At Last' was the Obamas' song of the evening,
>
> crooned by Beyonce at the Neighborhood Ball,
>
> the first of 10 inaugural celebrations they attended
>
> into the early hours of Wednesday."
>

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_go_pr_wh/inauguration_balls
>

> -----
>

> America cheers
>

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_re_us/
> inauguration_a_nation_gathers
>

> dreams shining in joyous tears
>

> cr

Thanks, dear CR,

for your dignified celebration of the historic event!
People here were following it with keenest interest.

The only black brother of our Masonic Lodge took a plane for DC and I
was on the brink of joining him.
He told me he hardly noticed how cold it was.

The following excerpt of your second link struck me:

"I finally feel like I belong," said Carolyn Jackson, a 49-year-old
federal employee who grew up in segregated Haynesville, La., a town
of 4,000, in the 1960s. She recalled being 7 and wondering why she
couldn't drink from certain water fountains in her school.

Hard to imagine of how demeaning that must have been for Carolyn...!

In China:

黑人  奥巴马 是第四十四美国的总统!
hei   ren        ao   ba  ma       shi   di     si    shi    si
meiguo de zongtong!

black man       obama        is   number   44          america
(genitive) president

 From Switzerland:

Godspeed, Mister President!

gunnar