Gunnar,please advise if you can !

Regards

David

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 6:13 AM, robert meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
OK, now what is the German word for "Viennese" (meaning a person or thing from Vienna)?

Robert Meyer

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">David Boyd
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Sent: 1/20/2009 12:16:14 PM
Subject: Re: More mindless blather from the Far Left: Was: T.S.E. at 101

It has to be said that, in my experience, the assumptions  I've read on this List about the proper meaning of a 'Berliner' are completely spurious.

Kennedy without doubt proclaimed, much to the bemusement of the natives 'I am a jam doughnut'. Any casual glance around one of Berlin's many bakery shops will reveal neat little piles of Berliners lovingly assembled for sale to said natives.