Oh for heavens sake!!  There is nothing anti-Semitic in opposing the actions of the Israeli government.  I opposed nearly everything Bush did, and I am extremely American and also patriotic in any meaningful sense, which is not just agreeing with whoever starts wars.
Nancy

>>> Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]>01/18/09 6:27 PM >>>
By the way, Obama has declared himself to be Pro-Israeli and even appointed Hillary to be Secretary of State and she is a extremely Pro-Israeli.  But, I have a question for Nancy and Carrol,  Do your Jewish students mind you spouting this anti-Semitism in class and yes, one can criticize an action of Israel without being anti-Semitic but when one states that there is only ONE side, then that is another story.

In a message dated 1/18/2009 6:09:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
That there are two sides to every story-- if between only two positions/ there may be any number of sides--does not mean that both are right or even equally valid or both ok in any sense.  The Hamas missiles are undoubtably wrong, but the utter disproportion between 1000 (mostly civilian, largely women and children) dead in an area where there is no place to escape and 13 soldiers is grotesque and no longer an issue of who was right or wrong first.
Nancy

>>> Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]>01/18/09 5:52 PM >>>
I can't believe that you truly believe that there is only one side.   In every conflict, in every divorce, in every fight between friends in a bar, there are two sides, even when one of those friends is 6'2 and the other 5'8, when the 5'8 man kicks the 6'2 man in the balls and the 6'2 man retaliates by punching him in the head to the floor.You need to open your mind and in this case, you need to read a book.  It's called Exodus by Leon Uris.

In a message dated 1/18/2009 5:40:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
> Kate Troy wrote:
>
> Carrol, It's just too one sided.

Some things have only one side, and to even suggest that there are "two
sides" to this ongoing massacre is very nearly a war crime in itself.

Carrol