Am 05.01.2009 um 20:53 schrieb Chokh Raj:

> Thanks, Gunnar, for the New Year greetings from Switzerland --
> and the link to your creative artistry -- avant-garde !!!
>
> You're our link to Switzerland. Here're some glimpses I came
> upon at random, watching the slideshow at
>
> http://www.globusjourneys.com/Product.aspx?
> trip=9LZ&source=GL_Product_EU_Platinum#
>

> "By the waters of Leman I sat down and wept..."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> File:Genfersee_bei_montreux_2004_pischdi.JPG
>
> Cheers !!!
>
> CR

Good to hear from you again, dear CR!

The Switzerland slide show starts with Lucerne's famous covered
wooden bridge,
perhaps the only one crossing a river diagonally due to a formerly
different topographic shape of the lake,
rebuilt a couple of years ago after it burnt down, with all the
historic triangular paintings in the gavels lost,
the bridge I used to cross so many times on my way to high school..!

Glad you liked my cards, never meant to be "avant-garde" (whatever
that may be ;-))... 哪里,哪里

It's just that some of them show how TSE has been a constant
companion on my journey:

http://www.jauch-cards.ch/2000.html
http://www.jauch-cards.ch/ILV_1999.html

...and the list has enriched my life (the disappearance of the tse-
site chagrins me, too, there were precious links to relevant sites
like Rick Parker's "The Annotated Waste Land" http://
eliotswasteland.tripod.com/),
it made me get to know him personally, like other gentle and erudite
folks e.g.  Marcia Karp or Tom Kissane...

Il n'y a qu'un seul luxe,
et ce sont les relations humaines.

There is but one luxury,
human relations.