Looks like TSE list member Diana Manister has been reposting TSE posts and
adding comments like "I was waiting for a response from that list, but they
as usual have gone off on a tangent. . . "

For more Diana posts (and reposts), follow this link:

http://poetryinc.net/index.php?topic=319.0

From Diana's 10/11/2008 post:

Dear C, a thousand pardons for hurting your feelings. I did post your
translation of those lines to the TSE listsrv, giving you credit of course.
I did think your translation stressed the sex act more than other
translations; this is appropriate to Eliot, because he always writes about
sex as vulgar and tawdry. I think your translation is excellent.

I was waiting for a response from that list, but they as usual have gone off
on a tangent about why the Phlebas section was appended to "Dans Le
Restaurant," and how it relates to Phlebas in The Waste Land.

From Diana's 10/19/2008 post:

. . . the discussion got heated. The French connotations for "peloter" were
hurled around in rages on the list, with several members insisting that
Eliot saw sex as animalistic, and citing other poems and writings of his to
substantiate that claim.