They had problems, before electing Hamas and after, but after it got  worse.
Most of their problems are of their own making and you will note  that I said
most and not all.  Certainly, the Israelis closing the border  and refusing
to let them go into Israel to work caused great hardship,but would  you hire an
assistant, Nancy, whom you knew may very well plant a bomb in  your desk?

Kate

In a message dated 1/18/2009 7:11:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,