I was making the point that some Europeans put America down for its  citizens
being plebian and prim and god fearing(not the ones who have actually  been
to the United States and know otherwise).  I was talking with a  tourist(lots
of these in Florida), her first visit to America, and she was  shocked.  She
said that from the news back home, she expected all of the  cities to be crime
ridden and for Americans to be as portrayed back home (fat,  loud, agressive),
which was not the reality.  In fact, she told me that she  couldn't believe
how the women dressed in Florida(or rather didn't dress) and  that the streets
were so peaceful and the people so friendly.  I explained  to her that America
is a large country, that little towns such as our Island  were perfectly safe,
even at night, but that certain neighborhoods in large  cities may be a
little dangerous, though not as bad she was told.  She replied that it was the same
back home. I also advised her that up  north and in the mid west, women
didn't walk about the town in skimpy bikinis.  ha ha.

Kate

In a message dated 1/18/2009 4:07:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

And I was just asking what point.  How many Black presidents have we  had
until this one? Why no women?  Who are we to boast at this point in  history?
Nancy

>>> Kate Troy  <[log in to unmask]>01/18/09 3:55 PM >>>
Just making a point, Nancy.

In a message dated 1/18/2009 2:42:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,