From: Gunnar Jauch

Dear CR,

always impressed be your dignified contributions...

Likewise, from me. CR has made many valuable
contributions to thie list, esp. his appreciation of Eliot's work
and its relevance to many different things.
Unfortuantely he has not been without his questioners for not
focussing on matters of criticism so much. I think that
quite unfortunate. It seems whether it be CR and his
dignified contributions or me with my aptly named spit balls
(thanks Carroll), the only really accceptable contributions
on this list are well formed, if boring, cow patties of criticism,
preferrably with an etiological element apparent in the diet.

P.