Well, the folks within the poem who have experienced the wreck
vis-a-vis these metaphoric rocks are as much a witness to the
painful contrast between the temporal and the eternal as is
the poet who describes their lot :

The tolling bell
Measures time not our time, rung by the unhurried
Ground swell, a time
Older than the time of chronometers, older
Than time counted by anxious worried women
Lying awake, calculating the future,
Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,
Between midnight and dawn, when the past is all deception,
The future futureless, before the morning watch
When time stops and time is never ending;
And the ground swell, that is and was from the beginning,
Clangs
The bell.

A sense of irony operates as much vis-a-vis The Dry Salvages
as les trois sauvages or the beacon.

The mystic number 3 that the poet associated in TWL with the
man with three staves, or with Da-Da-Da, the three-fold mantra,
must have intrigued him here for its contrary character.

And the light of this metaphoric beacon must be deceptive too.

Well, I don't intend my interpretation to be reductive -- only
it concerns itself with one of the many facets of meaning
available to diverse readings of the poem.

CR