In the spirit of those hardy souls that went out 109 years ago and began the tradition we now call the CBC I decided to do what they did and bird on Christmas Day.

As I pulled into White River Trace at 8am this morning it was 18 degrees outside, not a cloud in the sky, beautiful morning to bird. As I got out of the car I spotted a Loggerhead Shrike not 100 feet in front of me, what a way to start Christmas Day. The highlight of the day was a flock of close to 200 Cedar Waxwing feasting in a small grove of Persimmon trees, what a sight. Results on CACHE.

Ho, ho, ho, fellow birders.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO