Mobiders.

I am building a Barn Owl box for a friend who has a nice piece of open property (80 plus open acres) along a clear flowing creek. They have a small old barn facing the open field where I am going to hang the box, however, the 80 plus acres is covered in fescue and some cedar. My question is this: Is there enough wildlife (mice, rats, voles, etc) living in fescue to support Barn Owls, and can Barn Owls successfully hunt in such thick grass?

Thank you
Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

http://www.mobirds.org