No major sighting; but yesterday a couple of Pine Warblers were working through the pine trees that are adjacent to Dexter City Lake. I was first drawn to the trees as I saw House Finches, but knew something else was in there when I heard an accending chip note.

Out on the ends of the pine branches were two Pine Warblers foraging seemingly frantically, one was a drab first year PIWA while the other's belly was bright yellow with olive-ish stripes on the sides of it's breast.

It is yet another "new" (or newly observed) species for this location.

Today here in the bootheel, the temps are 61 degrees and the ice has completely vanished.

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar

Stoddard Co.

Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailŪ account.
http://www.mobirds.org