The one lesson I learned a few years ago is do not rent a car that in the middle of the bog will have an ignition switch failure.  On the positive side though with a nine hour wait for a replacement Iearned that the cafe in Cotton has great pie.

Steve Griffaw
St Charles

--- On Thu, 12/18/08, Robert Fisher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Robert Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Going for lifers in Minnesota
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 5:52 PM

I have seen several posts inquiring about birding Minnesota in winter in
general and the Sax and Zim bog festival in particular.

I have an account on the ASM website of a trip to Minnesota that I took with
several local birders. If you have not already been there, I suggest reading
it before you go. We had a great grip, but we learned some important lessons
along the way. They are spelled out in the story.

See http://www.mobirds.org/Articles/Minnesota.asp

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri