Adding to Laura's long list: she is a wonderful person who took three Mo birders around the Duluth area (for FREE!!) and introduced us to the concept of celebrating lifers with brownies (or anything else chocolate). Why hadn't we thought of that before????

Happy birding, Ruth Simmons Lee's Summit, Jackson Co., MO [log in to unmask] "A nation behaves well if the natural resources and assets which one generation turns over to the next are increased and not impaired in value." (Theodore Roosevelt)

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:06:00 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Interesting new blog- no sightings
To: [log in to unmask]

Best wishes for a great holiday season to all of my Missouri birding friends!

I wanted to tell you about the latest brainchild of my friend Laura Erickson.  Some of you SLAS members may remember her wonderful program at a monthly meeting here in St. Louis last winter.  She is Science Editor and Writer for Cornell Lab's publication Bird Scope.   She is also a talented speaker, ornithologist, author, bird rehabber, etc....the list is long.  Anyway, her new blog has an interesting twist:  it is written from the birds' point-of-view!  Check it out:    twinbeaks.blogspot.com.  Her regular website www.lauraerickson.com also has lots of great info, including her library of  excellent bird photos.

Stay warm and safe.

Susan Eaton
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO., MO
mailto:[log in to unmask]

Send e-mail anywhere. No map, no compass. Get your HotmailŪ account now.