My neighbor called my this evening and said that she heard a bird that
sounded like it was in distress.  I went out and listened and heard what she
had.. Did not know what the heck it was but did see a couple of owls fly
from the tree where the sounds were coming from.  The birds (2) flew down in
front of my place and across the street.  Still making the sounds.  Then
flew in a tree across the street.  Then it flew away.  The only thing that
struck me was the light color on the brest and wings to dark to see with the
binos.  Came in and played Stokes cd on owls and the sound was a BARN owl.
That is a first for me. Also thought I heard a barred owl.

Norma Zier
Indep Mo